Saturday, June 15, 2013

Moby

Richard Melville Hall (born September 11, 1965. Better known by his stage name Moby, is an American musician, DJ, and photographer. He is known mainly for his sample-based electronic music and his liberal political views, including his support of veganism and animal rights.

Moby gained attention in the early 1990s with his electronic dance music work, which dabbled in the techno and breakbeat hardcore (also known as "rave") genres. With his fifth studio album, the electronica and house-influenced Play, he gained international success. Originally released in mid-1999 to an unflattering response, it re-entered the charts in early 2000 and slowly became an unexpected hit, producing eight singles and eventually selling over 10 million copies worldwide.

Moby followed the album in 2002 with 18, which was also successful, selling over 5 million copies worldwide and receiving mostly positive reviews, though some criticized it for being too similar to Play. His next offer, 2005's mostly upbeat Hotel was a stylistic departure, incorporating more alternative rock elements than previous albums, and received mixed reviews. However, it still sold around 2 million copies worldwide. After 2008's dance-influenced Last Night (2008), he returned to the downtempo electronica of Play and 18 with 2009's mostly-ambient Wait for Me, finding higher critical acclaim and moderate sales. Moby's latest album, Destroyed., was released on May 13, 2011.

Moby has co-written, produced, and remixed music for The Smashing Pumpkins, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Daft Punk, Brian Eno, Pet Shop Boys, Britney Spears, New Order, Public Enemy, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, and others.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moby - Love Should


This video was filmed and produced by dserret at: http://www.youtube.com/user/dserret/ dserret says.................... "I made the video... though it wasn't the idea I had in mind. I did it this way because I was desperate to produce something with this song, and it took me a year between work and everyday life. I don't really like it so I dont expect you to like it either, we could call it version 1."

I think she did a great job with the video part. The video follows the lyrics perfectly. It is like his lover's love has faded or his lover has passed away. Oh how it rains he says. How sad he is. The empty bench is probably the place they used to sit. The park is probably where they walked, talked, looking at the beauty of the park. The dead bloom on the walkway is a symbol of their lost love or life. Read the Lyrics. They are beautiful.

Love Should by Moby Lyrics

So we sleep in beds
We've never made
Holding close to love
When love should fade
Holding on to this is the best thing we'll ever do

Morning sun is sweet and soft on your eyes
Oh my love, you always leave me surprised
Before my heart starts to burst
With all my love for you

And know how it rains
And know how it pours
I never could feel this way
For anyone but you

And know how it rains
And know how it pours
I never could feel this way
For anyone but you

So it takes some time
And slip away
Holding on to love
When love should stay
Holding on to you is the best thing I'll ever do

Evening sun is sweet and soft in your face
So I'll never ever leave this place
I feel my heart start to burst
With all my love for you

And know how it rains
And know how it pours
I never could feel this way
For anyone but you

And know how it rains
And know how it pours
I never could feel this way
For anyone but you

Thank You for reading and watching this.....rick

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, yet sad but still the love lives after it has gone even if in our heart and souls so divine, loving it the lyrics are beautiful.:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song and Moby. It's not really sad. It is an expression of love. Check out the lyrics. Thanks for your comment. You are a doll.
      rick oxoxox

      Delete